Our API is designed to accept both one-off verification requests as well as bulk verification requests. To ensure the most accurate results and efficiency of the verification, it's important to know when each option should be used and the respective limits of both.
- Should be used in response to an action, like a form submission or button click
- Do NOT use single verification for verifying emails in an existing list or database one-by-one. Your account may be locked and API access disabled if used for this purpose. Use the bulk verification for this purpose.
- Should be used to verify databases or lists of several emails
- You should submit all the data you have for verification in a single job rather than multiple jobs. It is better to submit a single list of 10k emails rather than 10 lists of 1k emails each. This allows the verification system to properly deduplicate the emails and allows a more efficient verification.
- If you're collecting data from external sources like a CRM or ERP, you should buffer the data locally and submit it as a single job rather than submitting each chunk of data separately.
- Do NOT create more than 10 jobs for every 100k items per hour. Sending too many small jobs in a short amount of time can result in your account being locked and API access disabled. Exceptions can be made for some use cases, please contact us with your scenario if you'd like this exception to be made.